Tottenham Hotspur are interested in bringing goalkeeper Pau Lopez back to their club, according to Spanish source Estadio Deportivo.
The Lilywhites have struggled for form and consistency this season and have been a shadow of the team which they were during the past five campaigns under Mauricio Pochettino.
Prior to the COVID-19 break, Tottenham looked unlikely to qualify for next season’s Champions League based on form.
One of the Spurs players who has been criticised for his performances at times this season has been the club’s captain and first-choice goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.
Some speculate that the Frenchman is past his prime whilst others feel that the Tottenham custodian needs more intense competition as he has made some high-profile errors this season.
Lopez has been ever-present for Roma this season and has made 34 appearances in all competitions to date.
He is familiar with Spurs after having spent the 2016/17 season with the club on loan from Espanyol.
During that time, he did not make a single competitive appearance for Tottenham and acted as cover for Lloris and Michel Vorm.
The report further claimed that West Ham and Chelsea are also keeping tabs on Lopez.
Tottenham will know Lopez’s qualiy given his time with the club and may well be regreting not tying up a permanent deal for the Spaniard when they previously would have had the chance.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups