Tottenham have held talks with Angel Di Maria over bringing the Argentine back to the Premier League as a free agent next summer, according to L’Equipe.
At nearly 33, Di Maria remains an important part of the PSG first-team, but his current deal with the French giants is due to expire at the end of the season.
The report added that the winger rejected a new deal to stay with the Parisians, as they wanted to reduce his wages below the £250,000 per week salary he is currently on.
He is believed to be keen on a new two-year deal with PSG, which would see him remain at PSG beyond his 35th birthday.
The report further claimed that Di Maria is happy living in Paris, something that was not the case during his spell in England with Manchester United.
Should PSG fail to reach an agreement with Di Maria, Tottenham could be an attractive option for him.
The attacking midfielder previously worked with Spurs manager Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid, and he has credited the self-proclaimed “special one” for having had a positive impact on his career.
Di Maria previously spent the 2014/15 season in the Premier League with United. He struggled for consistency, and the Red Devils sold him to PSG after just one season.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager