Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with the signature of Dominik Szoboszlai, according to German outlet BILD.
The report added that the Red Bull Salzburg midfielder has informed his current employers that he wants to leave them and that the Lilywhites are monitoring his situation.
The Hungarian is regarded as being one of the top young talents in Europe. He has already scored five goals in all competitions this season and also has a reputation for being an assists specialist.
Szoboszlai could be a good addition to Jose Mourinho’s side. He will reinforce the midfield and could be a good replacement for Dele Alli who has been linked with a potential January exit.
The 24-year-old Alli has struggled for regular game time this season and does not appear to be a preferred player of Mourinho.
He may try to force a move away from the club in January in order to increase his chances of winning selection to the England squad, which will compete in the rescheduled European Championships next year.
He could also add depth to the Lilywhites squad. Spurs are expected to be title challengers this season, though their depth is something which has come under scrutiny.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager