Southampton are set to end the loan spell of Kevin Danso ahead of the transfer deadline, to allow the powerful defender the chance to find football elsewhere, according to the Football Insider website.
The Saints took the versatile 21-year-old on a season-long loan from Bundesliga outfit FC Augsburg in the summer, but he hasn’t really broken through as was expected, and has played a fringe role so far this term.
With Southampton securing a deal for Tottenham Hotspur defender Kyle Walker-Peters for the remainder of the season on Wednesday, there is no need for them to keep persisting with the Danso experiment any longer.
Saints acknowledge that it is best for both parties if the Austria international leaves to continue his emergence elsewhere, after he failed to adjust to the Premier League.
It is said that clubs in France and Germany are eyeing up the Southampton player, with a view to taking him before the transfer window closes, making it the right decision for Danso to leave St Mary’s Stadium.
He will depart Hampshire having made 10 appearances for the Saints in all competitions, with only six of those coming in the Premier League, where he has struggled to force his way into the side regularly.
Southampton are in decent form at the present time, and they will hope to continue that without Danso when they head to runaway leaders Liverpool on Saturday afternoon.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer