According to The Daily Mail, Sheffield Wednesday are interested in signing Dwight Gayle from Newcastle United in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Wednesday are competing with Championship rivals West Bromwich Albion, Fulham and Nottingham Forest for the services of the former Crystal Palace striker.
Premier League club Newcastle are willing to let the 29-year-old striker leave on loan this month, but the Magpies want an obligation to buy him for £10 million in the deal, according to the report.
Gayle may have struggled to make an impact in the Premier League with Palace or Newcastle, but the 29-year-old has a very good record in the Championship.
According to WhoScored, the former Peterborough United striker scored 24 goals in the Championship during his loan spell at West Brom last season, and scored 23 goals in the division for Newcastle back in the 2016-17 campaign.
Wednesday are sixth in the Championship table at the moment with 42 points from 27 matches.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet