Tottenham right-back Serge Aurier’s potential transfer to AC Milan could be in doubt, reports Italian outlet Calciomercato.
The report claimed that the Serie A side is hesitant to pay the £23 million price tag which Spurs are demanding for the Ivorian.
The 27-year-old has been linked with a move away from the Lilywhites in spite of featuring extensively for the team since the appointment of Jose Mourinho as manager.
Spurs will be looking to make some big additions to their squad this summer. They finished in a disappointing sixth place in the Premier League last season and it is evident that the club will have to fix some big issues with a leaky defence being top priority.
Goalkeeper Hugo Lloris was certainly in top form for most of the past season, but the same cannot be said about the club’s defenders.
One of the defenders of whom the club will have to replace is Jan Vertonghen. The veteran central defender left Spurs on a free transfer after his contract came to an end and has since joined Benfica.
Aurier has looked solid at times since his arrival at Spurs from PSG during the summer of 2017.
However, he has largely struggled to display a high level of consistency. Since arriving at Spurs, he has gone on to make 58 Premier League appearances, scoring three goals
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer