Tottenham right-back Serge Aurier’s potential transfer to AC Milan could be in doubt, reports Italian outlet Calciomercato.
The report claimed that the Serie A side is hesitant to pay the £23 million price tag which Spurs are demanding for the Ivorian.
The 27-year-old has been linked with a move away from the Lilywhites in spite of featuring extensively for the team since the appointment of Jose Mourinho as manager.
Spurs will be looking to make some big additions to their squad this summer. They finished in a disappointing sixth place in the Premier League last season and it is evident that the club will have to fix some big issues with a leaky defence being top priority.
Goalkeeper Hugo Lloris was certainly in top form for most of the past season, but the same cannot be said about the club’s defenders.
One of the defenders of whom the club will have to replace is Jan Vertonghen. The veteran central defender left Spurs on a free transfer after his contract came to an end and has since joined Benfica.
Aurier has looked solid at times since his arrival at Spurs from PSG during the summer of 2017.
However, he has largely struggled to display a high level of consistency. Since arriving at Spurs, he has gone on to make 58 Premier League appearances, scoring three goals
- Tottenham Hotspur without six first-team stars for Rennes clash
- Arsenal told to forget about appointing Antonio Conte, but Manchester United given hope
- Pedri and Jordi Alba join lengthy Barcelona injury list
- Chelsea open to handing Conor Gallagher first-team berth if he impresses at Crystal Palace
- David Alaba wanted to join Barcelona before Real Madrid move, claims Uli Hoeness