According to Marca, Rangers and Celtic are interested in signing Atletico Madrid winger Rodrigo Riquelme in the summer transfer window.
Riquelme is out of contract at Spanish club Atletico at the end of the season, and Scottish giants Rangers and Celtic are reported to be interested in securing the services of the 19-year-old winger on a free transfer this summer.
The youngster reportedly caught the eye of Rangers last month when he played against them in a UEFA Youth League match.
However, it has been reported that Atletico want to tie down the teenager on a new contract.
Good long-term signing
Riquelme is a very talented and promising young winger who will be a smart long-term signing for Rangers or Celtic.
The Spaniard has been progressing well in the youth ranks at Atletico, and is a very skilful player with a lot of technique.
However, with Atletico reportedly open to handing him a new contract, it does seem likely that Rangers and Celtic will miss out on the signing of Riquelme.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet