According to Marca, Rangers and Celtic are interested in signing Atletico Madrid winger Rodrigo Riquelme in the summer transfer window.
Riquelme is out of contract at Spanish club Atletico at the end of the season, and Scottish giants Rangers and Celtic are reported to be interested in securing the services of the 19-year-old winger on a free transfer this summer.
The youngster reportedly caught the eye of Rangers last month when he played against them in a UEFA Youth League match.
However, it has been reported that Atletico want to tie down the teenager on a new contract.
Good long-term signing
Riquelme is a very talented and promising young winger who will be a smart long-term signing for Rangers or Celtic.
The Spaniard has been progressing well in the youth ranks at Atletico, and is a very skilful player with a lot of technique.
However, with Atletico reportedly open to handing him a new contract, it does seem likely that Rangers and Celtic will miss out on the signing of Riquelme.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups