PSV Eindhoven want to sign Tottenham Hotspur defender Toby Alderweireld, according to a report by De Telegraaf.
The Belgian remains a key part of Jose Mourinho’s squad. A year ago, he was linked with a move away from the Tottenham Hotspur stadium but ended up signing a new deal with the North London club, which runs until 2023.
Alderweireld has made eleven Premier League starts this season. Considering that he is a first-team regular with the Premier League side, it looks unlikely that he would consider moving to Holland in this transfer window.
It looks even more unlikely that the central defender will move to PSV, as he spent five seasons with Ajax.
The 31-year-old came through the Amsterdam club’s youth academy and started his professional career with the Dutch giants in 2008 before leaving for Atletico Madrid in 2013.
During his time with Ajax, Alderweireld went on to win three Eredivisie titles.
The central defender has been at Spurs since 2015 and has been one of the club’s most consistent performers.
It is likely that he may consider a return to the Eredivisie when he eventually leaves Tottenham.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction