PSG are confident that they will be able to lure Dele Alli from Tottenham Hotspur this month, according to The Telegraph.
The Englishman isn’t a trusted player by Jose Mourinho, which has led to him falling down the pecking order this season. Alli has made four appearances in the Premier League this season.
It is unlikely that Gareth Southgate will select the 24-year-old for England’s squad for the rescheduled European Championships.
PSG attempted to sign Alli last summer but saw their advances declined by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.
Levy may be hesitant to allow Alli to leave in this window unless the club can find a replacement for the midfielder.
The opportunity to play for PSG is likely to appeal to Alli. Most importantly, it would give the midfielder the opportunity to reunite with Pochettino.
The Argentinean played a big role in Alli’s progression as a footballer, as he was the coach to have signed him from MK Dons in 2015.
Alli’s career has been on the decline since Pochettino was sacked as Spurs boss in November 2019. Reuniting with the Argentine could just be what he needs to rediscover his form.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups