According to The Telegraph, Tottenham Hotspur defender Danny Rose’s wages could prove to be a problem for Newcastle United.
Newcastle are reportedly interested in signing left-back Rose from Premier League rivals Tottenham in the January transfer window.
However, according to the report, the England international’s wages are “likely to be a stumbling block”.
According to Spotrac.com, Rose earns £60,000 per week as salary at Spurs.
According to WhoScored, Rose has made 10 starts and two substitute appearances in the Premier League for Spurs so far this campaign, and he has also played four times in the Champions League.
During the 2018-19 season, the left-back made 20 starts and six substitute appearances in the league for Tottenham, providing three assists in the process, and he also played 529 minutes in the Champions League, acording to WhoScored.
Tottenham are sixth in the Premier League table at the moment with 34 points from 24 matches, while Newcastle are currently 14th in the league table.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction