Celtic starlet Luca Connell could be set for a move back down south, with talks between the Glasgow giants and Sunderland taking place over a loan deal for the midfielder, according to Sky Sports.
The 18-year-old began his career with Bolton Wanderers and joined the Bhoys on a four-year deal last summer, but is yet to make a breakthrough at Celtic Park, and is expected to leave before the transfer window shuts, to get some regular action.
Celtic are overloaded in the centre of the park with Scott Brown, Callum McGregor, Ryan Christie, Tom Rogic and Olivier Ntcham all ahead of the youngster in the pecking order, which leaves Connell looking for opportunities elsewhere, despite the club looking for further success both domestically and in Europe over the remainder of the season.
Sunderland are looking to launch a promotion charge from League One over the second half of the campaign, which would give the teenager the chance to be a part of a something special.
The Wearside outfit are not the only team looking to take the youngster from Celtic though. Championship side Barnsley are also said to be interested in him, and Connell could prefer to go there given that they are in the Championship, which would see him testing himself at a higher level.
Wherever the midfielder ends up going, it is important that he features regularly to gain experience of senior football that can land him in good shape when he returns to the Bhoys at the end of the campaign.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer