According to The Sun, Crystal Palace are ready to let Christian Benteke leave on loan in the January transfer window, with Premier League rivals Aston Villa interested in the former Liverpool striker.
It has been reported that Palace manager Roy Hodgson is ready to listen to loan offers for the Belgium international.
The report has claimed of interest in the 29-year-old striker from Villa, who need to sign a striker this month due to the season-ending injury suffered by Wesley.
The Sun has reported that there is a “possibility” that the former Genk star could return to Villa.
Successful Aston Villa spell
Benteke was on the books of Villa from 2012 until 2015, and was very successful during his time at Villa Park.
According to WhoScored, the striker scored 19 goals in the Premier League for Villa in 2012-13, 10 goals in 2013-14, and 13 goals in 2014-15.
Villa are third from bottom in the Premier League table at the moment with 21 points from 22 matches.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups