According to The Scottish Sun, Craig Gordon wants to leave Celtic in the January transfer window amid interest from Heart of Midlothian.
It has been reported that Gordon has asked Celtic to let him leave, as he has struggled for playing time this season.
Fraser Forster, signed on loan from Premier League club Southampton in the January transfer window, is the undisputed first-choice goalkeeper at the Hoops at the moment.
The Scottish Sun has claimed that Celtic’s Scottish Premiership rivals Hearts have already expressed an interest in securing the services of Gordon this week.
Leaving Celtic in January
With Gordon out of contract at Celtic at the end of the season, it would make sense for the Hoops to sell him for any transfer fee this week.
After all, the 37-year-old is not of much use to manager Neil Lennon as a squad player.
The Scotland international goalkeeper came through the youth system at Hearts and played for over 100 league games before joining Sunderland in 2007.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer