According to The Scottish Sun, Craig Gordon wants to leave Celtic in the January transfer window amid interest from Heart of Midlothian.
It has been reported that Gordon has asked Celtic to let him leave, as he has struggled for playing time this season.
Fraser Forster, signed on loan from Premier League club Southampton in the January transfer window, is the undisputed first-choice goalkeeper at the Hoops at the moment.
The Scottish Sun has claimed that Celtic’s Scottish Premiership rivals Hearts have already expressed an interest in securing the services of Gordon this week.
Leaving Celtic in January
With Gordon out of contract at Celtic at the end of the season, it would make sense for the Hoops to sell him for any transfer fee this week.
After all, the 37-year-old is not of much use to manager Neil Lennon as a squad player.
The Scotland international goalkeeper came through the youth system at Hearts and played for over 100 league games before joining Sunderland in 2007.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups