According to The Yorkshire Evening Post, Manchester City winger Ian Poveda is keen on joining Leeds United in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Championship club Leeds are interested in signing Poveda from Premier League outfit City this month.
The report has claimed that the 19-year-old, who can also operate as an attacking midfielder, has met with Leeds and is keen on a move to Elland Road this mont.
It has been further added that the England Under-20 international winger is out of contract at City in the summer of 2020.
Good signing for Leeds United?
Poveda is a very talented and promising young winger, and Leeds do need to sign a player for the wide position due to the return of Jack Clarke of Tottenham Hotspur (he is now on loan at Queens Park Rangers).
However, the winger does not have much experience of first-team football, and it is a risk to sign a teenager who may not be able to hit the ground running, especially with Leeds aiming to finish in the top two of the Championship table this season.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups