According to TEAMtalk, West Ham United defender Winston Reid has turned down the chance to join Charlton Athletic in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Charlton in the Championship wanted to sign Reid on loan from Premier League outfit West Ham until the end of the season.
The New Zealand international has not played for the Hammers since May 2018 due to a knee injury.
However, the 31-year-old is fully fit now and is available for selection, and he has told West Ham manager David Moyes that he wants to stay at the London Stadium and fight for his place in the team.
Good decision from Winston Reid?
Moving to Charlton even on loan would have been a step down for Reid as the Addicks are in the Championship.
Although Reid has to fight for his place in the West Ham starting lineup, it makes sense for him to stay at the London Stadium and work with Moyes.
After all, it is best for him that Moyes gets to know him well and understands how he could use him next season.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest