According to TEAMtalk, West Ham United defender Winston Reid has turned down the chance to join Charlton Athletic in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Charlton in the Championship wanted to sign Reid on loan from Premier League outfit West Ham until the end of the season.
The New Zealand international has not played for the Hammers since May 2018 due to a knee injury.
However, the 31-year-old is fully fit now and is available for selection, and he has told West Ham manager David Moyes that he wants to stay at the London Stadium and fight for his place in the team.
Good decision from Winston Reid?
Moving to Charlton even on loan would have been a step down for Reid as the Addicks are in the Championship.
Although Reid has to fight for his place in the West Ham starting lineup, it makes sense for him to stay at the London Stadium and work with Moyes.
After all, it is best for him that Moyes gets to know him well and understands how he could use him next season.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups