Newcastle United are prepared to stick with manager Steve Bruce despite their poor form, according to The Chronicle.
The Magpies are currently without a league victory in nine games. They enjoyed a decent start to the season, but their form over recent weeks has seen them dragged nearer to the relegation places.
Rafa Benitez has been linked with a return to St James’ Park after the Spaniard left Chinese club Dalian Professional last week. However, it is believed that the former Chelsea and Real Madrid boss will not return to Newcastle as long as Mike Ashley remains the owner.
The former coach left Newcastle in the summer of 2019, as it was believed that he was unhappy due to not being backed in the transfer market.
Bruce has been the Magpies boss since the summer of 2019. His arrival was met with negativity by many fans due to his style of play. The fact that he managed arch-rivals Sunderland also didn’t do much to help his reputation with the fans.
It remains to be seen if Bruce will be able to turn around the club’s fortunes between now and the end of the season. He may be able to save his job if he can ensure a solid finish in the top half of the standings.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet