Newcastle United are prepared to stick with manager Steve Bruce despite their poor form, according to The Chronicle.
The Magpies are currently without a league victory in nine games. They enjoyed a decent start to the season, but their form over recent weeks has seen them dragged nearer to the relegation places.
Rafa Benitez has been linked with a return to St James’ Park after the Spaniard left Chinese club Dalian Professional last week. However, it is believed that the former Chelsea and Real Madrid boss will not return to Newcastle as long as Mike Ashley remains the owner.
The former coach left Newcastle in the summer of 2019, as it was believed that he was unhappy due to not being backed in the transfer market.
Bruce has been the Magpies boss since the summer of 2019. His arrival was met with negativity by many fans due to his style of play. The fact that he managed arch-rivals Sunderland also didn’t do much to help his reputation with the fans.
It remains to be seen if Bruce will be able to turn around the club’s fortunes between now and the end of the season. He may be able to save his job if he can ensure a solid finish in the top half of the standings.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer