Newcastle are reportedly keen on signing Arsenal man Rob Holding on a season-long loan deal (via The Sun).
It’s clear that Steve Bruce is in the market for some defensive upgrades this transfer window as he looks to rebuild this Newcastle team.
They’ve been linked with numerous players in recent weeks including the Manchester United man Chris Smalling as well as the Greek defender Dimitrios Giannoulis.
Now, the Magpies are reportedly looking closer to home with a potential move for Arsenal‘s Rob Holding.
The 24-year-old has struggled for first-team football since returning from a cruciate knee ligament injury in 2019.
He could soon fall further down the pecking order at the Emirates as Mikel Arteta’s side look close to sealing a deal for the Lille centre-back Gabriel Magalhães.
That frees up room for Rob Holding to leave and there are growing reports that Newcastle lead the chase for the former Bolton Wanderers man.
But there is competition for Holding. Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa is reportedly keen on the player as they look to strengthen their squad upon their return to the Premier League.
There seems to be a great deal of interest in Rob Holding. The 24-year-old will be looking for more first-team football after making just eight Premier League appearances for the Gunners last term. A season-long loan deal for the player may be the best option for all parties and Newcastle seem determined to get it done.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups