According to Foot Mercato, Newcastle United are interested in signing Cody Gakpo from PSV in the January transfer window.
The report has claimed that French club Lyon are also interested in securing the services of the 20-year-old winger this month.
It has been added that the Dutch youngster will cost £8.5 million in transfer fees this month.
According to WhoScored, Gakpo has made seven starts and 11 substitute appearances in the Eredivisie for PSV so far this season, scoring four goals and providing five assists in the process.
The 20-year-old winger has also made three starts and two substitute appearances in the Champions League for the Dutch giants so far this campaign, providing one assist in the process, according to WhoScored.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the youngster made two starts and 14 substitute appearances in the league for PSV, scoring one goal and providing five assists in the process, and he also played seen minutes in the Champions League, according to WhoScored.
- Reading set for points deduction
- Marcos Alonso to stop taking the knee before games
- Roy Keane urges Manchester United to sign Declan Rice from West Ham United
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself