According to The Northern Echo, Newcastle United are interested in signing Bouna Sarr from Marseille in the summer transfer window.
It has been reported that Newcastle have inquired about the availably of Sarr, but La Liga outfit Sevilla are leading the race for the right-back.
Marseille want €15 million (£13.69 million) as transfer fee for the 28-year-old, who can also operate as a winger, with the Magpies having made contact with the Frenchman’s representatives.
According to WhoScored, Sarr made 25 starts and two substitute appearances in Ligue 1 for Marseille this past season, scoring one goal and providing three assists in the process.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the right-back made 25 starts and four substitute appearances in the league for the French club, scoring one goal and providing one assist in the process, according to WhoScored.
Sarr also made two starts and four substitute appearances in the Europa League for Marseille last season, according to WhoScored.
The 28-year-old is a very good right-back, and given that he is at the top of his game, he would be a decent signing for the Magpies.
- Tottenham Hotspur without six first-team stars for Rennes clash
- Arsenal told to forget about appointing Antonio Conte, but Manchester United given hope
- Pedri and Jordi Alba join lengthy Barcelona injury list
- Chelsea open to handing Conor Gallagher first-team berth if he impresses at Crystal Palace
- David Alaba wanted to join Barcelona before Real Madrid move, claims Uli Hoeness