According to The Northern Echo, Newcastle United are interested in signing Bouna Sarr from Marseille in the summer transfer window.
It has been reported that Newcastle have inquired about the availably of Sarr, but La Liga outfit Sevilla are leading the race for the right-back.
Marseille want €15 million (£13.69 million) as transfer fee for the 28-year-old, who can also operate as a winger, with the Magpies having made contact with the Frenchman’s representatives.
According to WhoScored, Sarr made 25 starts and two substitute appearances in Ligue 1 for Marseille this past season, scoring one goal and providing three assists in the process.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the right-back made 25 starts and four substitute appearances in the league for the French club, scoring one goal and providing one assist in the process, according to WhoScored.
Sarr also made two starts and four substitute appearances in the Europa League for Marseille last season, according to WhoScored.
The 28-year-old is a very good right-back, and given that he is at the top of his game, he would be a decent signing for the Magpies.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative