According to The Telegraph, Newcastle United are interested in signing Olivier Giroud from Chelsea in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Newcastle want to secure the services of Giroud on loan from Premier League rivals Chelsea until the end of the season.
The report has claimed that the Magpies made contact with the Blues last week, and were told that the London club will let the former Arsenal striker leave only if they find a replacement striker.
Giroud joined Chelsea from London rivals Arsenal in January 2018 for a transfer fee reported by BBC Sport to be worth £18 million.
The France international striker has played just 192 minutes in the Premier League and only 17 minutes in the Champions League for the Blues so far this season, according to WhoScored.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the 33-year-old made seven starts and 20 substitute appearances in the league for Chelsea, scoring two goals and providing four assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative