According to The Telegraph, Newcastle United are interested in signing Olivier Giroud from Chelsea in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Newcastle want to secure the services of Giroud on loan from Premier League rivals Chelsea until the end of the season.
The report has claimed that the Magpies made contact with the Blues last week, and were told that the London club will let the former Arsenal striker leave only if they find a replacement striker.
Giroud joined Chelsea from London rivals Arsenal in January 2018 for a transfer fee reported by BBC Sport to be worth £18 million.
The France international striker has played just 192 minutes in the Premier League and only 17 minutes in the Champions League for the Blues so far this season, according to WhoScored.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the 33-year-old made seven starts and 20 substitute appearances in the league for Chelsea, scoring two goals and providing four assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
- Reading set for points deduction
- Marcos Alonso to stop taking the knee before games
- Roy Keane urges Manchester United to sign Declan Rice from West Ham United
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself