Newcastle United have dropped their interest in signing Manchester United defender Brandon Williams, according to The Northern Echo.
Williams impressed for the Red Devils last season, but he has found minutes harder to come by this term.
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has preferred using Alex Telles and Luke Shaw in the left-back role.
However, at just 20-years-old, Williams has tremendous potential, and he remains a crucial part of the club’s plans.
Newcastle were strongly tipped to sign the Englishman.
Meanwhile, the report added that German side Bayer Leverkusen were also keen on a potential deal for Williams.
Steve Bruce’s side have lacked consistency this season and are looking to bolster their squad so they can challenge for a place in the top half of the table.
Williams started in United’s FA Cup third-round win against Watford over the weekend, as the Englishman played on the right-hand side of a back four.
Solskjaer admitted that the 20-year-old could be set to compete with Aaron Wan Bissaka in the second half of the season for that starting position.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups