Newcastle United is set to compete with Leeds United in the race to sign Conor Gallagher from Chelsea, according to The Sun.
The 20-year-old is currently on loan with West Brom from the Blues. He has yet to make a Premier League appearance for his parent club, which will surely cause him to reconsider his long-term future away from Stamford Bridge.
It would also be difficult for the youngster to get regular game time if he goes back to the Blues. Frank Lampard appears to be building the core of his side around young talent.
Gallagher has so far made four Premier League appearances for the Baggies. He impressed in their 1-0 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur as he hit the post.
Whilst Gallagher may learn a lot from remaining with the Baggies for the rest of this season, they are not the most stable club as far as their recent history can tell.
They regularly change divisions between the Premier League and Championship, something which may not be ideal if Gallagher wants to grow his career.
Newcastle is a side which could benefit from having Gallagher in the heart of midfield. The England U-21 international would also stand a good chance of regular first-team minutes were he to join the Magpies.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups