RB Leipzig attacker Ademola Lookman is keen to join Newcastle United according to a report by The Telegraph.
The 22-year-old joined the Bundesliga club ahead of this season after he struggled for regular game time with Everton.
Lookman would have been hoping that he could have followed in the footsteps of fellow English youngster Jadon Sancho and achieved success in Germany but that has not happened.
He has managed just three German top-flight appearances so far this season. Lookman was expected to be a success for Leipzig after having previously had a successful loan spell with the club.
He spent the second half of the 2017/18 season on loan with Leizpig and went on to score five goals from 11 Bundesliga appearances during that time.
The report added that Newcastle want to sign the player on loan until the end of the season with a view towards making it permanent next summer.
It further added that Lookman also wants to leave Leipzig despite having only joined the club permanently last summer.
Newcastle have performed modestly so far this season but quite evidently need to make new signings if they want to move further up the table. Lookman could be an exciting signing for them.
He has previously proven that he does have what it takes to create and score goals.
He boasts impressive trickery and pace and could form a deadly duo along with Allan Saint-Maximin. Lookman could be an exciting signing for the Magpies. He has a lot of potential to grow.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City