Newcastle United have been offered the chance to sign Leicester City midfielder Hamza Choudhury, according to The Chronicle.
The 23-year-old has only made ten appearances for the Foxes this season and appears to have fallen down the pecking order at the King Power Stadium. He will be looking for more regular game time elsewhere.
Since bursting onto the scene in 2015, Choudhury has shown flashes of brilliance but has not yet achieved a level of consistency that will make him a first-team regular for the Foxes.
Newcastle will be looking to bolster their ranks this month to achieve their goal of attaining a strong finish in the top half of the standings this season.
The Magpies have endured mixed fortunes so far this season. They are currently in 15th place and eight points clear of the relegation zone.
This season has been unpredictable, which means that they could be in the relegation scrap with a run of defeats. However, they could easily have their sights set on a Europa League finish if they find consistency.
Choudhury would be a good addition to Steve Bruce’s side. St James Park could be a good location for him to take his game to the next level.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto