Newcastle United have been offered an opportunity to sign Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori, according to The Chronicle.
The 23-year-old has struggled for first-team football at Stamford Bridge this season and has made just one Premier League appearance.
He needs to leave the Blues in order to gain regular first-team football and experience. The report added that Steve Bruce admires Tomori as a player.
The Magpies have endured a mixed start to the season. They are in 15th and are without a win in their last five league games.
A few wins could see them make their way into the top half of the standings, while a few losses will see them fall into the relegation battle.
Newcastle could certainly do with some defensive reinforcements this month. They have conceded 24 goals from their 15 games.
The defence has been a bit too over-reliant on goalkeeper Karl Darlow this season, and their backline will have to undergo an improvement if they are to attain a solid finish in the top half of the standings.
Another player that the Magpies have been linked with is Brandon Williams from Manchester United. Williams is reportedly available this month after finding first-team opportunities hard to come by following the arrival of Alex Telles.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction