Newcastle United have been offered an opportunity to sign Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori, according to The Chronicle.
The 23-year-old has struggled for first-team football at Stamford Bridge this season and has made just one Premier League appearance.
He needs to leave the Blues in order to gain regular first-team football and experience. The report added that Steve Bruce admires Tomori as a player.
The Magpies have endured a mixed start to the season. They are in 15th and are without a win in their last five league games.
A few wins could see them make their way into the top half of the standings, while a few losses will see them fall into the relegation battle.
Newcastle could certainly do with some defensive reinforcements this month. They have conceded 24 goals from their 15 games.
The defence has been a bit too over-reliant on goalkeeper Karl Darlow this season, and their backline will have to undergo an improvement if they are to attain a solid finish in the top half of the standings.
Another player that the Magpies have been linked with is Brandon Williams from Manchester United. Williams is reportedly available this month after finding first-team opportunities hard to come by following the arrival of Alex Telles.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet