Newcastle United are reportedly interested in making a move for league rivals Aston Villa’s midfielder John McGinn in the summer transfer window, as per English tabloid Daily Star.
The Magpies have had a decent season under Steve Bruce where they are currently placed on the 13th position of the league table with 43 points after 36 matches.
As per the latest report, the Toon Army’s hierarchy has now identified McGinn as a possible target for a move in the summer transfer window.
The 25-year-old is expected to be available for lower price as Villa are looking almost certain to be relegated from the Premier League where they are currently placed on the 19th spot with 31 points after 36 matches, still three behind 17th placed Watford with just two match days to go.
McGinn has been a Villa player since the summer of 2018 when he moved from Scottish club Hibernian FC for a reported transfer fee of £2.79 million.
Since then, the Scotland international has represented his current club in 73 matches in all competitions where he has managed to score 11 times and provided 12 assists.
In the ongoing campaign, McGinn has represented Villa in 28 matches in all competitions where he has three goals and two assists to his name.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto