Newcastle United defender Fabian Schar has confirmed that he will be out of action for eight weeks, as reported by The Chronicle.
The Magpies eased their relegation worries on Saturday after picking up a 3-2 victory over Southampton. However, they did have their fair share of worries in the game as Schar, Javier Manquillo and Callum Wilson all limped off.
The result meant that Newcastle ended the weekend in 16th place and are currently ten points clear of 18th place Fulham.
Newcastle have some time to prepare ahead of their next Premier League match, which will be against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge next Monday.
The Blues will not be easy opposition for Steve Bruce’s side given that they have improved under new boss Thomas Tuchel. Since taking over, the German has led the club to three wins, and a draw.
On paper, Chelsea will be favourites to win the match given their squad depth. However, the Premier League is unpredictable this season, which could mean that a Newcastle win may not be out of the question.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager