Newcastle United defender Fabian Schar has confirmed that he will be out of action for eight weeks, as reported by The Chronicle.
The Magpies eased their relegation worries on Saturday after picking up a 3-2 victory over Southampton. However, they did have their fair share of worries in the game as Schar, Javier Manquillo and Callum Wilson all limped off.
The result meant that Newcastle ended the weekend in 16th place and are currently ten points clear of 18th place Fulham.
Newcastle have some time to prepare ahead of their next Premier League match, which will be against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge next Monday.
The Blues will not be easy opposition for Steve Bruce’s side given that they have improved under new boss Thomas Tuchel. Since taking over, the German has led the club to three wins, and a draw.
On paper, Chelsea will be favourites to win the match given their squad depth. However, the Premier League is unpredictable this season, which could mean that a Newcastle win may not be out of the question.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer