Newcastle United are closing in on the signing of Inter Milan winger Valentino Lazaro, as per FCInternews.
The Magpies are struggling with a number of injuries in the ongoing campaign where they are placed on the 12th position of the league table with 29 points after 23 matches.
Lazaro has failed to adjust to life in Serie A following his summer move from German Bundesliga outfit Hertha BSC and Newcastle could well be set to take advantage.
As per the latest report, the Toon Army are now edging closer to signing Lazaro in the January transfer window and a deal is likely to be concluded in the near future.
The report further stated that Newcastle will meet Inter’s demands of a €2 million loan fee with an option to make the deal permanent by paying another €18 to €20 million in the summer.
If the deal will go through, Lazaro will leave Inter after just 513 minutes of first-team football in 11 appearances in all competitions where he has managed to provide two assists.
Newcastle were buoyed by a 1-0 win over Chelsea at the weekend, as Steve Bruce continues to keep a modest Magpies side away from the relegation zone.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka