Newcastle United remain keen on signing Manchester United’s Brandon Williams, according to Sky Sports journalist Keith Downie.
Despite some impressive performances for United in the second half of last season, Williams has fallen down the pecking order at Old Trafford this season.
He has made just one league appearance this term and has fallen below Luke Shaw and Alex Telles in the pecking order. Given that United are currently in top form and set to challenge for the league title this season, it looks unlikely that Williams will break into the starting eleven.
Downie also claimed that Southampton and German side Bayer Leverkusen are also interested in a potential move for Williams.
“I know there is interest in Brandon Williams from Manchester United. But we have mentioned Southampton and Bayer Leverkusen, so there is a lot of interest in Williams.
“Jamal Lewis has failed to settle fully since his £15m move from Norwich, and I think Bruce would want competition there.” Said Downie.
A loan move for Williams may be beneficial to both United and the player himself. Williams proved last season that he is capable of developing into a quality player, though he still does need to rectify some of the flaws in his game.
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups