Newcastle United remain keen on signing Manchester United’s Brandon Williams, according to Sky Sports journalist Keith Downie.
Despite some impressive performances for United in the second half of last season, Williams has fallen down the pecking order at Old Trafford this season.
He has made just one league appearance this term and has fallen below Luke Shaw and Alex Telles in the pecking order. Given that United are currently in top form and set to challenge for the league title this season, it looks unlikely that Williams will break into the starting eleven.
Downie also claimed that Southampton and German side Bayer Leverkusen are also interested in a potential move for Williams.
“I know there is interest in Brandon Williams from Manchester United. But we have mentioned Southampton and Bayer Leverkusen, so there is a lot of interest in Williams.
“Jamal Lewis has failed to settle fully since his £15m move from Norwich, and I think Bruce would want competition there.” Said Downie.
A loan move for Williams may be beneficial to both United and the player himself. Williams proved last season that he is capable of developing into a quality player, though he still does need to rectify some of the flaws in his game.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet