Newcastle United are leading the race to sign Manchester United defender Brandon Williams, according to a report by Shields Gazzette.
The 20-year-old is highly rated at Old Trafford and made 17 appearances in the Premier League last season.
However, Williams has not had much playing time so far this season and has played just once in the Premier League. With United currently doing well, his chances of first-team football at Old Trafford in the near-future looks unlikely.
Williams is currently below Alex Telles and Luke Shaw in the United pecking order.
The report added that United would allow Williams to leave the club on loan this month to gain more experience. Steve Bruce is looking to add to his team this month, and a defender is at the top of his wish list.
A huge drawing point for Williams is that he is capable of playing on either side of a back four.
A loan move for Williams could be a win-win situation for month Newcastle United and Manchester United. Williams remains part of United’s plans and should aim to impress whilst on loan.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction