Newcastle United are interested in signing Joe Willock on loan from Arsenal, according to The Daily Mail.
Despite having a lot of potential, Willock has managed just seven Premier League appearances this season.
While the youngster is eager to play, he still has flaws in his game, which may prevent him from gaining regular first-team action at the Emirates anytime soon. He may be able to improve and gain more experience at the highest level by moving on loan.
Though they managed to record a much-needed league victory over Everton last weekend, the Magpies form has been concerning in recent weeks.
They had a solid start to the season and looked like they could challenge for a strong finish in the top half of the standings.
However, a run of five consecutive league defeats left them just above the relegation zone. Should they suffer another poor run of form, Steve Bruce’s side could be consigned to the relegation battle.
Arsenal should seriously consider sending Willock on loan to St James’ Park. The youngster will stand a better chance of getting consistent minutes in the northeast.
- Tottenham Hotspur devise plan to sell Dele Alli at the end of the season
- Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka could be sidelined for at least six weeks with a knee ligament injury
- Jurgen Klopp raves about Diogo Jota ahead of Liverpool’s Champions League clash vs Porto
- West Ham United could sanction Declan Rice’s sale for £90m next year
- Manchester United vs Villarreal: Champions League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups