Newcastle United are interested in signing Napoli defender Faouzi Ghoulam, according to a report by Le Buteur.
The 29-year-old had been linked with some of the biggest clubs in world football two years ago. However, he has been unable to build on those performances and has found game time hard to come by in recent seasons.
Ghoulam has made just three appearances in Serie A this term, and the Italian club will likely be listening to offers in this widow.
Newcastle are looking to add players to their squad during this window, as they look to ease fears that they could get sucked into a relegation battle.
A move to the Magpies could be a win-win situation for both player and club. Based on his Serie A performances over the years, it is safe to assume that the defender should quickly adjust to life in England’s top-flight.
Ghoulam could also positively impact Jamal Lewis, as the former Norwich defender has struggled for consistency this season.
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups