Newcastle United are one of the clubs that are interested in securing the services of Ryan Christie from Celtic, according to 90min.
The 25-year-old has been on the books at Celtic Park since 2015 and has established himself as one of the best midfielders in Scotland during that time.
The Scotland international has won virtually everything that there is to win with Celtic and should now be aiming to take his career to the next level as he approaches his peak years.
His current deal with Celtic is due to run until 2022, and the report did add that he is hesitant to commit to fresh terms with the club. This essentially means that bids in the near future could force the hand of the Hoops. If they opt to wait another year and Christie still does not sign a new contract, they may be forced to sell him for a bargain fee.
Southampton and Leeds United are also interested in the midfielder according to the report.
The Magpies have now established themselves as a modest side in the Premier League. However, they do need to add to their squad in January if they want to bolster their chances of challenging for a finish in the top half of the standings.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative