According to The Sun, Newcastle United, Aston Villa and Brighton and Hove Albion are interested in signing Emmanuel Adebayor in the January transfer window.
It has been reported by the British tabloid that Premier League trio Newcastle, Villa and Brighton are looking into the possibility of securing the services of the former Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur striker in the final days of the window.
The 35-year-old striker is a free agent at the moment, having recently left Turkish club Kayserispor.
Both Villa and Brighton are in a relegation fight, while a couple of defeats could see Newcastle start worrying about their status in the Premier League for the 2020-21 campaign.
While the Villans, the Seagulls and the Magpies could do with another striker, it does appear a bit desperate for them to be looking at Adebayor.
The Togolese is past his prime and struggled during his time at Kayserispor in the first half of the season.
Adebayor would be a panic signing for Villa, Newcastle or Brighton, especially so late in the January transfer window.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto