According to Football Insider, Charlton Athletic have made a new loan bid for Sunderland target and Glasgow Rangers midfielder Greg Docherty.
It has been reported that Sunderland in League One in England had hoped to finalise a loan deal with Rangers over the transfer of Docherty in the January transfer window on Monday.
However, things did not go according to plan, and Charlton in the Championship in England have made a new loan offer for the former Scotland Under-21 international, according to the report.
Docherty has made just one appearance in the Scottish League Cup and has played four matches in the Europa League for Rangers so far this season, according to WhoScored.
The former Hamilton Academical midfielder has yet to play in the Scottish Premiership for the Gers so far this campaign, according to WhoScored.
It is hard to see Docherty get much playing time for Rangers during the second half of the season, and it would make sense for him to join another club on loan.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer