According to Football Insider, Charlton Athletic have made a new loan bid for Sunderland target and Glasgow Rangers midfielder Greg Docherty.
It has been reported that Sunderland in League One in England had hoped to finalise a loan deal with Rangers over the transfer of Docherty in the January transfer window on Monday.
However, things did not go according to plan, and Charlton in the Championship in England have made a new loan offer for the former Scotland Under-21 international, according to the report.
Docherty has made just one appearance in the Scottish League Cup and has played four matches in the Europa League for Rangers so far this season, according to WhoScored.
The former Hamilton Academical midfielder has yet to play in the Scottish Premiership for the Gers so far this campaign, according to WhoScored.
It is hard to see Docherty get much playing time for Rangers during the second half of the season, and it would make sense for him to join another club on loan.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups