According to Football Insider, Celtic manager Neil Lennon has held talks with Joe Hart over a move this summer.
It has been reported that the Scottish Premiership champions are interested in signing Hart in the summer transfer window.
The England international goalkeeper is a free agent at the moment, having left Premier League outfit Burnley at the end of last month.
Celtic boss Lennon has had multiple conversations with the 33-year-old and discussions are going well, according to the report.
Good signing for Celtic?
Hart – described by City manager Pep Guardiola as “incredible” back in October 2018, as quoted on ESPN – has not played much football over the past two years, and prior to that, he made some high-profile and costly errors.
However, there is no doubt that the England international is a very good and capable goalkeeper who has a wealth of experience.
With Craig Gordon having left the Hoops this summer and Fraser Forster having returned to Southampton after a successful loan spell at Celtic Park in 2019-20, the Glasgow giants need to sign at least one goalkeeper before the start of next season.
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills