Jose Mourinho held a meeting with midfielder Dele Alli on Wednesday, according to The Telegraph.
Alli has fallen down the pecking order at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this season, and it is thought to be surplus to requirements.
The Portuguese boss has not hesitated to leave the Englishman out of his matchday squad even when fully fit.
The Englishman was strongly linked with a move to PSG in the January transfer window. A move to the French capital would have seen him reunite with former Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino and would have allowed him to play more regularly.
As things stand, Alli will likely not be selected in Gareth Southgate’s 23-man squad for the European Championships.
The 24-year-old has no choice for the remainder of the season but to try and force his way back into the Spurs first-team.
Spurs may also have been hesitant to let Alli go as it would have left them short on numbers. With the race for the Champions League spots heating up, it is vital that they have as much depth as possible.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet