According to The Telegraph, Middlesbrough are interested in signing Patrick Roberts, who is on loan at Norwich City from Manchester City at the moment.
Roberts joined Norwich on loan from Premier League rivals City in the summer transfer window.
Much was expected of the 22-year-old winger when he arrived at Carrow Road, but the former Celtic loanee has failed to make a massive impact at the Canaries.
According to WhoScored, Roberts has made just three substitute appearances in the Premier League for the Canaries so far this season, playing a total of just 24 minutes.
The Telegraph has claimed that Norwich manager Daniel Farke is open to letting the winger return to his parent club City in the January transfer window.
The report has added that Championship club Middlesbrough are hopeful of getting a loan deal done in the next 48 hours which will see the winger move to the Riverside Stadium for the rest of the season.
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills