According to The Telegraph, Middlesbrough are interested in signing Patrick Roberts, who is on loan at Norwich City from Manchester City at the moment.
Roberts joined Norwich on loan from Premier League rivals City in the summer transfer window.
Much was expected of the 22-year-old winger when he arrived at Carrow Road, but the former Celtic loanee has failed to make a massive impact at the Canaries.
According to WhoScored, Roberts has made just three substitute appearances in the Premier League for the Canaries so far this season, playing a total of just 24 minutes.
The Telegraph has claimed that Norwich manager Daniel Farke is open to letting the winger return to his parent club City in the January transfer window.
The report has added that Championship club Middlesbrough are hopeful of getting a loan deal done in the next 48 hours which will see the winger move to the Riverside Stadium for the rest of the season.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups