According to Football Insider, Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa has frozen out Eunan O’Kane from the first-team squad.
It has been reported that although O’Kane is recovering from injury, Bielsa has deemed him surplus to requirements.
The report has claimed that the Championship club are planning to offload the 29-year-old Republic of Ireland international midfielder in the January transfer window.
Clubs in League One and League Two are interested in the former Bournemouth midfielder, but they want him only on loan, according to the report.
Leaving Leeds United
O’Kane has failed to make an impact at Leeds ever since he moved to Elland Road in 2016, and it would make sense for the club and the player to severe ties this month.
It is hard to see the Republic of Ireland international play his way into Bielsa’s plans, and he is still good enough for a club in the Championship or a team in League One aiming for promotion to the second tier of English football.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups