German club Borussia Dortmund are optimistic about signing wonderkid Jude Bellingham in the upcoming summer transfer window, ahead of Manchester United, according to the Telegraph.
The 16-year-old Birmingham City midfielder is very highly-rated and has been attracting interest from the a host of major clubs.
However, as per English publication the Telegraph, Dortmund are now leading the race, ahead of United, to sign Bellingham in the summer transfer window as they are eager to bolster the central midfield for future campaigns.
BVB have had another disappointing campaign where they are set to lose out on the Bundesliga title to Bayern Munich who are now just one win away from securing the triumph.
Dortmund are famous four nurturing young talent where some of the hottest young property in European football are currently playing including the likes of Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland.
Bellingham is a Birmingham City’s academy product and was promoted to the senior team in the summer of 2019.
In his first season in the country’s second-tier, the England U21 international has been in inspirational form for his current club where he has already scored four goals and provided three assists in 35 matches in all competitions.
United were heavily linked with bringing Bellingham to Old Trafford in January, but a deal did not materialise.
The Red Devils are rebuilding, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer bringing a host of young exciting talents to the Manchester club over the last 12 months.
- West Ham United open talks to sign Juventus midfielder Weston McKennie
- Tottenham Hotspur devise plan to sell Dele Alli at the end of the season
- Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka could be sidelined for at least six weeks with a knee ligament injury
- Jurgen Klopp raves about Diogo Jota ahead of Liverpool’s Champions League clash vs Porto
- West Ham United could sanction Declan Rice’s sale for £90m next year