According to Bleacher Report, Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is open to re-signing Douglas Luiz from Premier League rivals Aston Villa in the summer transfer window.
It has been reported that City may look into signing the 22-year-old central midfielder back from Villa this summer.
The Citizens have been reportedly keeping tabs on the youngster despite selling him to the Villans in the summer of 2019 for a transfer fee reported by BBC Sport to be worth £15 million.
Reports on Luiz this season have been positive, and City manager Guardiola is open to the idea of the Brazil international returning to the Etihad Stadium this summer, it has been claimed.
According to WhoScored, Luiz has made 25 starts and eight substitute appearances in the Premier League for Villa so far this season, scoring three goals and providing two assists in the process.
The 22-year-old also played five times in the EFL Cup for the Villans this campaign, according to WhoScored.
Leaving Aston Villa
With Villa in real danger of getting relegated to the Championship at the end of the season, the Villans may have to sell some of their best players this summer, and Luiz could be one of them.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto