Manchester United are being linked with a number of stars during the summer transfer window – among them are Inter Milan’s Lautaro Martinez and Ajax Amsterdam’s Donny van de Beek.
United met with the representatives of Martinez prior to the COVID-19 break, according to The Express.
Whilst Odion Ighalo is set to remain with the Red Devils until the end of the January 2021 window, the Nigerian cannot be expected to score goals on a regular basis.
He will nevertheless have an important role to play as a squad rotation player and is experience will be vital for developing the younger players in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.
Martinez has blossomed into one of the hottest young strikers in Europe this season and has so far struck 16 goals in all competitions for Inter in the Serie A this season.
He would be an ideal replacement for Romelu Lukaku who left United for Inter last summer.
van de Beek meanwhile is being strongly linked with United as well as Spanish giants Barcelona.
Ajax CEO, Edwin van der Sar confirmed in May that van de Beek will be allowed to leave the club this summer, according to Reuters.
The 23-year-old midfielder was one of the stars for the Ajax team that reached the semi-final of the Champions League and won the Eredivisie last season.
He clearly is good enough to play in one of Europe’s top five leagues and will need to leave Ajax soon if he wants to take his career to the next level.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer