Manchester United club captain Ashley Young could be on his way to Inter Milan this month according to The Sun.
Inter manager Antonio Conte has been in the market looking for recruits in the full-back position and Young has emerged as an ideal fit with his ability to play both left and right-back.
Young has reportedly said yes to the deal after snubbing a contract from United and will join on a free transfer either in the summer or in January, should the Red Devils permit a move.
The 34-year-old will become the third player to move to San Siro from Old Trafford this season after Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku switched to Italy in the summer.
Young has made 18 appearances in all competitions this season but most of them have come either in cup games or due to injury to other players.
United have plenty of options in the full-back positions – Aaron wan Bissaka and Diogo Dalot on the right and Luke Shaw and Brandon Williams on the left.
Young’s current contract runs out in the summer and United may well have to resign themselves to losing the veteran for nothing.
Inter have reportedly offered him a 18-month-deal that will keep him at San Siro until June 2021.
The Italian giants have also been linked with Chelsea full backs Marcos Alonso and Emerson but it is unlikely either of them will be allowed to leave Stamford Bridge without recruits coming in.
A deal looks to be in the best interests of all parties and should be completed in the near future.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City