Manchester United have entered talks to sign AC Milan star Krzysztof Piatek on loan during this January transfer window, according to The Athletic.
The Red Devils have approached the Italian club to sign the 24-year-old on loan this month as they seek to bolster their forward ranks, the report states.
The report further suggests that United made the approach for the talented striker before Marcus Rashford’s injury with their interest growing after the England international got himself ruled out for a long spell.
Rashford’s injury has left the Red Devils deficient in firepower with Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood as their only centre-forward options.
However, it is understood that the prospects of a successful loan move would depend on United’s willingness to meet a £30 million asking fee for the Polish international in the summer.
Piatek scored an incredible 30 goals last season for Genoa and Milan, but he has been struggling to maintain that form this campaign, netting only five times in 19 appearances for the Rossoneri.
United have been quiet in the transfer market this month but look likely to try and add an additional attacking option to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad before the transfer window closes next Friday night.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest