Manchester United are in negotiations with Paris Saint-Germain over the potential signing of young midfielder Eric-Junior Dina Ebimbe, according to RMC Sport.
The Red Devils are in a rebuilding phase under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and have focused on bringing in young talented players in the last 12 months.
This has led to United signing the likes of Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Harry Maguire and Daniel James, who the club hope will be the fulcrum of a future successful season.
The latest report suggests that the Red Devils have approached PSG over the potential to Ebimbe.
The 19-year-old midfielder is currently on loan with Le Harve in Ligue 2 and has impressed this season, scoring twice in 18 starts for the promotion chasers.
United have a track record of signing young French players, with the likes of Paul Pogba discovered in his homeland before making the move to Old Trafford.
The report suggests that a potential deal could be arranged for the summer and that PSG are open to selling Ebimbe if an attractive offer is presented.
United were beaten 2-0 at home by Burnley on Wednesday night in an insipid display, with Solskjaer’s men back in action on Sunday with a clash against Tranmere Rovers in the FA Cup fourth round.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager