Manchester United are closing in on the signing of Sporting Lisbon’s star midfielder Bruno Fernandes, as per Sky Sports.
The Portugal international has been linked with a move away from his club and has been touted with a switch to Old Trafford for some time.
United will surely be in the market to sign players who can strengthen their squad for the rest of the campaign where they are currently battling to cement a top-four spot.
As per the latest report, United are closing in on the signing of Fernandes in a deal worth of £60 million.
The report further stated that the Manchester-based club will pay £43 million as an initial payment and £17 million in add-ons, while the 25-year-old will earn a salary of £120,000 per week.
If the deal will be completed, Fernandes will leave Sporting after spending two-and-a-half years following his move from Serie A club Sampdoria in the summer of 2017.
Since then, the creative midfielder has represented his current club in 135 matches in all competitions where he has managed to score 63 goals along with providing 51 assists.
In the ongoing campaign, Fernandes has been in inspirational form after managing to score 15 times along with 13 assists in just 26 appearances.
United fans will hope the club can get a deal over the line before the close of the January transfer window.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto