TalkSport Journalist Alex Crook has revealed that Manchester United are reluctant to let Jesse Lingard leave the club this month.
The Englishman has fallen down the pecking order at Old Trafford this season and has become a player that divides opinion due to inconsistent performances.
He has yet to make a single Premier League appearance for the Red Devils this season and has only made three appearances in all competitions for the club.
The 28-year-old is keen to leave United so that he can find regular first-team action elsewhere.
United are set to mount a strong challenge for the Premier League this season, and they may want to keep Lingard to add depth to their squad in case of an emergency. Should they sell him or loan him out, they may be unable to bring in a direct replacement before the transfer window closes.
Lingard could be a solid addition to a side like West Ham United. He has nearly ten years of Premier League experience under his belt and is a proven performer at the highest level.
He has also previously worked under Hammers boss David Moyes when he was United’s manager between 2013-14.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer