TalkSport Journalist Alex Crook has revealed that Manchester United are reluctant to let Jesse Lingard leave the club this month.
The Englishman has fallen down the pecking order at Old Trafford this season and has become a player that divides opinion due to inconsistent performances.
He has yet to make a single Premier League appearance for the Red Devils this season and has only made three appearances in all competitions for the club.
The 28-year-old is keen to leave United so that he can find regular first-team action elsewhere.
United are set to mount a strong challenge for the Premier League this season, and they may want to keep Lingard to add depth to their squad in case of an emergency. Should they sell him or loan him out, they may be unable to bring in a direct replacement before the transfer window closes.
Lingard could be a solid addition to a side like West Ham United. He has nearly ten years of Premier League experience under his belt and is a proven performer at the highest level.
He has also previously worked under Hammers boss David Moyes when he was United’s manager between 2013-14.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction