Manchester United and Chelsea are reportedly pursuing Dinamo Zagreb’s starlet Dani Olmo, but Barcelona are in pole position to capture the Spaniard’s signature, according to Goal.
The report suggests that the Catalan giants are confident of completing a for around €30 million (£25.6 million), beating the English pair to the rising star’s services.
Olmo is an exciting young talent who has starred for the Croatian side in recent seasons and excelled at Spanish age-grade levels.
The report says both United and Chelsea are long admirers of the 21-year-old and both are pushing to land the midfielder.
United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is building a young squad as the Old Trafford club looks to get back to the glory days after a number of disappointing seasons.
Chelsea were handed a transfer ban in the summer but will be allowed to sign players this month after an appeal, with Frank Lampard’s men expected to strengthen their squad with new arrivals.
Both United and Chelsea have ambitions of finishing in the top four this season and Olmo would be an ideal reinforcement – but the draw of Barcelona may well be too much for the Spanish under-21 international.
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills