Tottenham Hotspur target Hakim Ziyech has been told he can leave Ajax in January if his €50 million (£42.5 million) price tag is met, according to Calcio Mercato.
The Mirror state that Spurs are long-term admirers of the gifted wideman and have been handed a transfer boost as a result of the latest news.
Tottenham quite evidently need to make changes to their team if they want to challenge for major trophies going forward.
The current crop are struggling to challenge for a place in the top four this season, let alone major trophies.
Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham side also seem likely to lose midfielder Christian Eriksen this month.
The Dane’s current contract with Spurs is due to expire at the end of the season and he has previously expressed his desire to embark on a new challenge rather than remain with the North Londoners.
Thus, it is probable that he will be sold before the end of the month.
Ziyech was one of the stars for Ajax last season as the Dutch giants won the Eredivisie and also surprised everyone by reaching the semi-finals of the Champions League.
He also impressed during his club’s thrilling 4-4 Champions League draw with Chelsea in November.
It is not surprising that Ziyech’s form has caught the attention of a number of clubs, including Tottenham, whom he scored against in the Champions League last term.
Spurs fans would surely love a statement signing this month but chairman Daniel Levy does not have a track record of expenditure in the mid-season window.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer