According to TEAMtalk, Celtic are interested in signing Aston Villa-owned Stoke City forward Scott Hogan in the January transfer window.
Hogan is on loan at Stoke in the Championship in England from Premier League club Villa at the moment.
However, the 27-year-old, who can also operate as a winger, has struggled for playing time at the Potters so far this season.
According to TEAMtalk, Stoke are willing to let the forward cut short his loan spell, and Celtic are considering making a move.
It has also been reported that Villa are ready to let the Republic of Ireland international leave and will not stand in the way of a loan move to Celtic.
Underwhelming signing for Celtic?
While Hogan has a good reputation in the lower leagues in England, he has not been at his best for a while now, and is out of form.
Celtic, who have won the Scottish Premiership title for the past eight seasons, need an attacking player who can hit the ground running, and they should look at someone better.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City